Shamyra Rojas Update: Missing New Jersey college student found unharmed
(AP) NUTLEY, N.J. - Police in Nutley, N.J., say a missing college student has been found safe in the company of her ex-boyfriend.
A search had been under way for 20-year-old Shamyra Rojas since Monday after her family reported they couldn't reach her. She is a student at New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark.
Rojas was located Wednesday by New Jersey Transit police at the Trenton train station with her ex-boyfriend, 18-year-old Ahmed Hassan Dar of Jersey City.
NJ Transit police say Rojas showed no sign of distress, declined to give a statement and took a train on her own back to north Jersey. Nutley police say there was no sign she was being held against her will.
Dar was arrested on a charge of contempt of court for allegedly violating a restraining order the young woman had earlier obtained against him.
Nutley police say he also faces charges of aggravated assault and weapons possession stemming from an unrelated incident.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call