"Diaper discipline" earns Minn. couple jail time
Darnell Landrum had been charged with malicious punishment of a child in connection with the May 7 incident. Landrum and 38-year-old Stephanie Ann Broten were both accused of making Broten's daughter run outside wearing a diaper and tank top after shaving her head, because she got a poor grade in school.
Broten was previously sentenced to 90 days in the Anoka County Jail. Landrum was sentenced to 120 days, also taking into account his guilty plea to misdemeanor domestic assault, stemming from an incident where he hit Broten's daughter with a belt two years ago.
He will also be placed on two years of probation and is ordered to not have any contact with the girl.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today