Houston high school student shoots himself in back of cop car
Police were reportedly called to Houston's North Shore High School around 10:45 a.m. after a friend became concerned that the teen would hurt himself and contacted the constable on campus.
According to KHOU, police took the student into custody to protect him. They handcuffed and searched him, but did not find a weapon. The student was put in the back of a squad car where he reportedly retrieved a gun that he had hidden on himself and shot himself in the back of the head.
School district officials say the student was conscious and being treated at Ben Taub Hospital. His family was with him.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship