Handyman kidnapped, forced to do home repairs, say Calif. cops
Police arrested a California couple on Monday after they allegedly held a handyman hostage and forced him to do home repairs, CBS San Francisco reports.
Investigators said the 50-year-old handyman was lured to the 4,600 square foot home south of San Jose Monday morning where 36-year-old Jason DeJesus and 33-year-old Chanelle Troedson beat and threatened to kill him, forcing him to fix several items in the house over a six-hour span. The repairs included a dishwasher and a broken door.
"The victim was pretty terrified. He was pretty shaken up and scared by this whole incident," said Sgt. Jose Cardoza of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office."
Cardoza said the handyman had done work for DeJesus' mother two months ago, which wasn't to her liking.
"There was a dispute over services rendered, the victim wasn't paid entirely," Cardoza said Tuesday. "That kind of boiled over into what occurred last night."
Authorities said the suspects forced the victim into his truck later Monday evening, where he was told that they were traveling to a relative's house to perform additional repairs. When they pulled over at a gas station to pay for gas and snacks, the victim escaped. The suspects were arrested shortly after.
DeJesus and Troedson face several felony charges including false imprisonment, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats and conspiracy.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide