Execution-style shooting leaves four dead in east Detroit home, police say
Officers found the bodies Tuesday night in a home in an east-side neighborhood, Detroit police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. Police did not disclose the names of those killed, in which house they were found or whether they had any suspects.
According to CBS Detroit, the victims were shot execution style. A woman who notified police about the slayings told the station that there had been an apparent drug raid at the house earlier in the day, but police wouldn't comment on that.
Stephens said more would be known about the victims and how they died once the medical examiner's officer performed autopsies.
Resident Carla Collins says she recently helped start a neighborhood watch group due to the rise in suspicious activity in the area.
The deaths come after Detroit authorities reported that killings are on the rise, with the city eclipsing last year's murder total in less than 11 months. Later Wednesday, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing plans to announce a major public safety initiative.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship