Execution-style shooting leaves four dead in east Detroit home, police say
Officers found the bodies Tuesday night in a home in an east-side neighborhood, Detroit police Sgt. Eren Stephens said. Police did not disclose the names of those killed, in which house they were found or whether they had any suspects.
According to CBS Detroit, the victims were shot execution style. A woman who notified police about the slayings told the station that there had been an apparent drug raid at the house earlier in the day, but police wouldn't comment on that.
Stephens said more would be known about the victims and how they died once the medical examiner's officer performed autopsies.
Resident Carla Collins says she recently helped start a neighborhood watch group due to the rise in suspicious activity in the area.
The deaths come after Detroit authorities reported that killings are on the rise, with the city eclipsing last year's murder total in less than 11 months. Later Wednesday, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing plans to announce a major public safety initiative.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty