Four suspects arrested in deaths at unlicensed California boarding home
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Four people were arrested in Las Vegas Monday, the day after four bodies were found some 300 miles away outside a Los Angeles home, police said.
The four suspects were taken into custody at the Silverton Hotel and Casino by Las Vegas officers after a request from Los Angeles police and the FBI. Las Vegas police learned that the suspects were driving a black Audi with no license plates, located the car at the hotel, and watched the suspects through the night until arrest warrants were issued.
Ka Pasasouk, 31, the alleged gunman, was arrested for investigation of murder, while three others were accused of being accessories to murder, committing robbery, or both, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference.
Glendale resident Howard Alcantara, 30, has been booked for investigation of robbery and aiding a felon. Donna Rabulan, 30, of Los Angeles, was arrested for investigation of aiding a felon, and Christina Neal, 31, of Los Angeles, was taken into custody for investigation of aiding a felon.
All four suspects were being held at Clark County Detention Center awaiting extradition to Los Angeles.
Police said the victims, whose identities have not been released, were visiting friends at an overcrowded, unlicensed boarding house in Northridge when they were confronted and fatally shot early Sunday.
City Councilman Mitchell Englander says the house appeared to have at least a dozen and as many as 17 people living amid old food, trash, mattresses and animal waste.
Those killed were two women in their mid-20s, a man in his mid-30s and another man in his late 40s, police said.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case