Chevonne Thomas Update: N.J. mom was on PCP when she decapitated son and killed herself, report says
The test results, released by the Camden County Prosecutor's office, reveal that Thomas had used the drug before killing her son and putting his head in a freezer.
Thomas, 34, had suffered from mental illness and lost custody of her son twice due to drug use. Authorities believe Thomas was using the drug known as "wet," which has been linked to violence in some instances, on Aug. 22 when the tragedy took place.
The same drug was linked to another crime in Camden weeks later. In that case, authorities say a man broke into a home where he attacked a sleeping girl, then fatally stabbed her 6-year-old brother.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Pa. man arrested due to "rape video" on ex's iPhone
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive