Ram has run of streets in Des Moines
Residents of Des Moines did on Friday, as a big ol' ball of wool strolled down sidewalks and streets, picking up speed when pursuers including the police got too close.
The animal dodged cops, his handlers and a few cars while trotting through Des Moines after escaping from his trailer.
The Navajo-Churro ram led police, Animal Rescue League officials and some Iowa Capitol workers on a chase.
The ram was eventually cornered after about a half-hour joy-run.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today