N.H. couple arrested at Universal Studios in child abuse case won't make bail, lawyers say
(CBS/AP) PLAISTOW, N.H. - The New Hampshire couple charged with abusing and burning the woman's 3-year-old son before they were captured at Florida's Universal Studios will likely stay behind bars.
Twenty-three-year-old Jessica Linscott is being held on $100,000 cash bail and her boyfriend Roland Dow was ordered held on $500,000 after their arraignments Monday in Plaistow District Court, CBS Boston reports.
Lawyers for Linscott and Dow said their clients would not be making bail.
The couple was ordered to have no contact with each other or Linscott's son.
Linscott and Dow were arrested last week by federal marshals at Universal Studios in Orlando following two weeks on the run. They were jailed in New Hampshire on Saturday.
Dow is charged with first and second-degree assault. He and Linscott face multiple charges of child endangerment.
On Monday, a prosecutor said there are other "troubling signs of abuse" of the boy and more charges against Dow are likely, CBS Boston reports.
According to the prosecutor, bruises were found on large portions of the child's body.
James, Linscott's 3-year-old son, remains hospitalized.
More on Crimesider
Nov. 29, 2012 - Fugitive couple arrested at Universal Studios for allegedly beating, burning boy in N.H.
Nov. 30, 2012- Fugitive couple charged with burning, beating boy could be extradited to N.H. as soon as next week
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury