Wyo. Bow and Arrow Attack: Christopher Krumm said father gave him Asperger's and should be castrated, report says
Pictures: Wyoming college attack leaves 3 dead
According to the Associated Press, neighbor Matt DiPinto of Vernon, Conn., told Fox affiliate WTIC-TV that Krumm, 25, made the comments while giving him a ride home a few weeks ago.
"He's like, 'So my dad gave me Asperger's ... and my dad should have never had any kids. He should have never had me and passed it on to me, and the government shouldn't have let him have kids,"' DiPinto reportedly said. "It was just out of nowhere ... but he seemed pretty livid about it."
On Nov. 30, Christopher Krumm allegedly stabbed his father's girlfriend, Heidi Arnold, to death, then went to Wyoming's Casper College where his father, James Krumm, was a professor, and shot his father in the head with a high-powered bow and arrow while his father was teaching a computer science class at Casper College.
James Krumm, 56, managed to wrestle with his son and gave time for about six students to flee the classroom. Authorities say both men died after Christopher Krumm stabbed himself and then his father.
Christopher Krumm had recently driven to Casper from Connecticut and had been staying at a local hotel. He had no significant history of encounters with police.
Vernon police searched Christopher Krumm's apartment on Friday night. Officers didn't disclose what they found, but said any items of interest would be turned over to investigators in Wyoming.
Neighbors say Christopher Krumm moved into the apartment building last summer and appeared to work in construction or for a utility, because he wore a neon safety vest, The Hartford Courant reported. They say he was quiet and appeared to be anti-social.
The killings stunned people in the apartment building.
"It's so insane," said Kim Warren, another of Christopher Krumm's neighbors. "You never would have guessed he would have done something like that."
Mickie Goodro, of Twin Falls, Idaho, a friend of James Krumm and Arnold, told the Casper Star-Tribune that Christopher Krumm was in her Calculus class when she taught at Casper College. Krumm graduated from Natrona County High School in Casper in 2005 and studied electrical engineering at Colorado School of Mines, the newspaper reported.
Christopher Krumm's previous addresses include one in the western Massachusetts city of Springfield and others in the Colorado cities of Golden, Fort Collins and Lakewood.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple