Wyo. Bow and Arrow Attack: Perpetrator was the son of college professor killed, say police
Police in Casper, Wyo., say Christopher Krumm, 25, shot an arrow into the head of his father, James Krumm, 56 with a high-powered bow Friday while his father was teaching a computer science class at Casper College.
James Krumm managed to wrestle with his son and gave time for about six students to flee the classroom. Authorities say both men died after Christopher Krumm stabbed himself and then his father.
Before the classroom attack, police say Christopher Krumm fatally stabbed his father's live-in girlfriend, Heidi Arnold, 42, at the home she shared with James Krumm about two miles from campus.
Mickie Goodro, of Twin Falls, Idaho, a friend of James Krumm and Arnold, told the Casper Star-Tribune that Christopher Krumm was in her calculus class when she taught at Casper College. Krumm graduated from Natrona County High School in Casper in 2005 and studied electrical engineering at Colorado School of Mines, the newspaper reported.
Christopher Krumm's previous addresses include one in the western Massachusetts city of Springfield and others in the Colorado cities of Golden, Fort Collins and Lakewood.
More on Crimesider
November 30, 2012: Casper College Attack Update: Suspect, victims in Wyo. slayings had relationship, say police
November 30, 2012: "Bow and arrow" type attack leaves three dead at Wyoming college, police say
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin