Four people found shot dead outside California home, police say
Los Angeles police were seeking a motive for the attacks at the house in Northridge, in the San Fernando Valley.
Lt. Terri Brinkmeyer said a 911 call led police to the large house around 4:30 a.m., where they found the bodies on a side yard of the property.
The dead were two women in their mid-20s, a man in his mid-30s and another man in his late-40s, Capt. William Hayes said at a news conference.
Investigators were questioning several people who were on the property at the time of the shooting, but no one has been detained or arrested. Hayes said no weapon was found at the scene.
Los Angeles City Councilman Mitchell Englander, who represents the area, said the house was split into several units for rent. He said at least a dozen people lived in the house, which contained several bedrooms, kitchenettes and mattresses on the floor.
"It appears from the nature of things that this was an unlicensed boarding facility," Englander said from the crime scene. He noted that one bedroom was only accessible through a window.
The house was on street lined with houses, schools and places of worship.
"This is a very safe neighborhood. This type of thing doesn't normally happen here," Englander said.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web