Arrest in 1993 kidnap-murder of Andrea Parsons, 10-year-old Fla. girl
After being charged, Price implicated Claude Davis, a long-time suspect investigated and previously arrested in the case. Detectives have allege that the two abducted and disposed of the 10-year-old's body together, the Palm Beach Post reports.
In 1993, Davis was arrested and charged with false imprisonment of Parsons, but the charge was later dropped due to lack of evidence. It is unclear if Davis has also been re-arrested or charged at this time.
Andrea Parsons was reported missing on July 11, 1993, at 11:06 p.m. by her mother, who had just come home from work. She had been left at home with her mother's boyfriend. When the girl became bored, the boyfriend let her leave to walk to the store and a friend's house, the newspaper says. Neighbors say they saw the girl leaving her home around 5:45 p.m., WPEC reports.
Parsons' body was never found.
In 2001 the case was reopened by the Martin Co. Sherriff's Office, which determined they had enough evidence to seek a grand jury indictment of Price, WPEC reports.
Martin County Sheriff Robert Crowder told TCPalm.com that police "were aware of [Price] from the beginning of the investigation... He was one of our people of interest."
Price is being held in jail without bond and is scheduled to appear in court Friday, according to The Palm Beach Post.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan