Arrest in 1993 kidnap-murder of Andrea Parsons, 10-year-old Fla. girl
After being charged, Price implicated Claude Davis, a long-time suspect investigated and previously arrested in the case. Detectives have allege that the two abducted and disposed of the 10-year-old's body together, the Palm Beach Post reports.
In 1993, Davis was arrested and charged with false imprisonment of Parsons, but the charge was later dropped due to lack of evidence. It is unclear if Davis has also been re-arrested or charged at this time.
Andrea Parsons was reported missing on July 11, 1993, at 11:06 p.m. by her mother, who had just come home from work. She had been left at home with her mother's boyfriend. When the girl became bored, the boyfriend let her leave to walk to the store and a friend's house, the newspaper says. Neighbors say they saw the girl leaving her home around 5:45 p.m., WPEC reports.
Parsons' body was never found.
In 2001 the case was reopened by the Martin Co. Sherriff's Office, which determined they had enough evidence to seek a grand jury indictment of Price, WPEC reports.
Martin County Sheriff Robert Crowder told TCPalm.com that police "were aware of [Price] from the beginning of the investigation... He was one of our people of interest."
Price is being held in jail without bond and is scheduled to appear in court Friday, according to The Palm Beach Post.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple