Jaime Vigil, N.M. man accused of murder, allegedly ate part of victim's face during fatal beating
(CBS/AP) ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Authorities say a New Mexico man accused of murder ate part of his victim's face, CBS affiliate KRQE reports.
Police said they were called to a disturbance at the Imperial Inn in Albuquerque early Tuesday where they discovered the body of an unidentified man inside one of the rooms. Police found 21-year-old Jaime Vigil in the parking lot covered in blood and arrested him with an open count of murder.
KRQE reported that Vigil ate part of the victim's face after he stomped on the victim's head and beat him with a motel room television. Vigil told investigators that he became enraged when the victim made a comment about Vigil's sister.
Vigil is held without bail at the Metropolitan Detention Center.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call