Jaime Vigil, N.M. man accused of murder, allegedly ate part of victim's face during fatal beating
(CBS/AP) ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Authorities say a New Mexico man accused of murder ate part of his victim's face, CBS affiliate KRQE reports.
Police said they were called to a disturbance at the Imperial Inn in Albuquerque early Tuesday where they discovered the body of an unidentified man inside one of the rooms. Police found 21-year-old Jaime Vigil in the parking lot covered in blood and arrested him with an open count of murder.
KRQE reported that Vigil ate part of the victim's face after he stomped on the victim's head and beat him with a motel room television. Vigil told investigators that he became enraged when the victim made a comment about Vigil's sister.
Vigil is held without bail at the Metropolitan Detention Center.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out