Johnny Lewis, ex-"Sons of Anarchy" actor, not on drugs when he allegedy killed landlady, fell to death: autopsy
Lewis had been recently released from jail and had a string of drug-related arrests before apparently killing Catherine Davis in her home and then falling to his death in her driveway on Sept. 26.
His attorney had speculated he might have been in a drug-induced psychosis during the tragic incident.
Toxicology results on Lewis found no traces of cocaine, alcohol, marijuana or any other types of drugs in the actor's system. Officials checked for anti-psychotic drugs as well as psychedelic drugs.
An autopsy report noted that Lewis had nail marks on both sides of his neck when he died and had suffered partial strangulation. His death was ruled accidental because there was no evidence he attempted to kill himself or that he had been pushed.
Police believe Lewis fell while trying to flee Davis' home after her killing. The 81-year-old operated a retreat for writers and actors out of her home.
Lewis played Kip "Half-Sack" Epps on the TV drama "Sons of Anarchy" in 2008 and 2009 before his character was killed off.
More on Crimesider
September 28, 2012 - Johnny Lewis: Actor reportedly had mental health problems, may have been drugs
September 27, 2012: Johnny Lewis, "Sons of Anarchy" TV show actor, allegedly kills landlady then dies in fall
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests