Dylan Redwine Update: Colo. police search home of missing boy's father
Police have ruled out the possibility that Dylan ran away but they are still treating the case as a search and not a recovery effort, CBS affiliate KKTV reports. Investigators have not called the boy's father a suspect in the disappearance, but they are searching the home as a precaution since that was the last place Dylan was seen, according to the station.
Dylan was picked up by his father on Nov. 18 at Durango-La Plata County Airport for a court ordered visitation. The boy's mother, Elaine Redwine said Dylan announced his arrival in a text message that ended with a scowling emoticon. The boy's aunt, Lia Howard, said that Dylan had wanted to spend the holiday with other family members and was disappointed he had to go to see his father
Dylan was last seen by his father on the morning of November 19. According to Mark Redwine, Dylan was still at home when Mark left to run some errands at 7:30 a.m., but was gone when Mark returned four hours later, KKTV reports. The station reports that after he searched for the boy himself, Mark called police and notified them Dylan was missing.
According to The Associated Press, Dylan was planning on setting off to meet friends in the area while his father was out. Dylan lived in La Plata County until four months ago when his mother moved to Colorado Springs. The boy's parents got divorced in 2007.
Dylan is 5 feet tall, weighs 105 pounds and has blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt and black Jordan tennis shoes.
If anyone has any information related to the disappearance they are encouraged to call a tip line specifically set up for the search for Dylan at 970-382-7511.
More on Crimesider
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"