Lohan charged with NYC assault and Calif. crash
Lohan allegedly struck another woman in the face with her hand in the nightclub incident, police said. The woman did not require medical attention.
On Thursday morning in California, Lohan was charged with lying to police, reckless driving and willfully resisting or obstructing an officer in the performance of their duties, nearly six months after the actress crashed while on her way to a movie set. She was taken to the hospital but returned to the set of the film "Liz and Dick" hours later.
The California case could trigger a probation violation for Lohan, who remains on informal probation in the state for a necklace theft.
Among Lohan's littany of past encounters with the law, she was the subject of a New York police investigation in September after alleging a man had assaulted her in a local hotel, but charges against the man were dropped.
Also in September, the actress was accused of hitting a man with her car outside another Manhattan nightclub, but prosecutors chose not to move ahead with charges.
Complete coverage of Lindsay Lohan on Crimesider
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor