Stanley Marsh, Texas millionaire owner of "Cadillac Ranch" charged with 11 counts of child molestation
Marsh, 74, who is accused of molesting two teenagers in 2010, turned himself in to a county jail. His arrest follows the filing of several lawsuits against him for allegedly paying 10 teens for sex acts.
According to criminal complaints filed in Potter County, Marsh had the teens engage in sexual acts, including masturbation and oral sex, on three days in 2010. He is charged with six counts of child sexual assault and five counts of sexual performance by a child.
The six lawsuits claim Marsh paid the boys, ages 15 and 16, for sexual acts. One claimed that Marsh provided him drugs and alcohol, bought him two cars, and gave him money at several points during the year in sums of as much as $10,000.
Marsh's criminal attorneys, Paul Nugent and Heather Peterson of Houston, denied the charges against their client, saying in a statement that the teens in the civil cases waited until Marsh suffered a massive stroke last year to move forward with a plan "to become multimillionaires."
Marsh is known for planting 10 painted Cadillacs nose down on Interstate 40 as an art exhibit.
He was indicted on charges of indecency with a child in 1996, but the charges were eventually dismissed. That same year, Marsh acknowledged no wrongdoing in a settlement with a youth who claimed Marsh sexually abused him.
In 2001, Marsh settled four lawsuits that alleged imprisonment, sexual misconduct and harassment of teens. Marsh apologized but no other details were made public.
The most recent charges against Marsh are expected to go before a grand jury in the next few weeks, or soon after the first of the year, according to special prosecutor Matt Powell.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide