Ga. tech student alleges Atlanta police officer demanded sex act for ride home
Police say the incident happened after a Halloween party where the student had too much to drink and needed a ride, the station says.
"On that ride, it is alleged that the officer insisted that a sex act be performed for payment for the ride back to the campus, said Atlanta City Councilman Michael Bond. Bond also stated this incident was "the worst, most horrible type of abuse of power" he could have ever imagined.
After the alleged sex act, the officer took the student to his fraternity house. After telling fraternity brothers about the incident, he became upset and embarrassed and wanted to forget about it; however, it was his fraternity brothers encouraging him to report the incident, according to WAOK.
Sources say the patrol car was examined and that bodily fluids were found. Atlanta police confirm there is an administrative investigation and a criminal investigation of the unnamed officer.
He is still working, but is restricted to desk duty.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home