Ga. tech student alleges Atlanta police officer demanded sex act for ride home
Police say the incident happened after a Halloween party where the student had too much to drink and needed a ride, the station says.
"On that ride, it is alleged that the officer insisted that a sex act be performed for payment for the ride back to the campus, said Atlanta City Councilman Michael Bond. Bond also stated this incident was "the worst, most horrible type of abuse of power" he could have ever imagined.
After the alleged sex act, the officer took the student to his fraternity house. After telling fraternity brothers about the incident, he became upset and embarrassed and wanted to forget about it; however, it was his fraternity brothers encouraging him to report the incident, according to WAOK.
Sources say the patrol car was examined and that bodily fluids were found. Atlanta police confirm there is an administrative investigation and a criminal investigation of the unnamed officer.
He is still working, but is restricted to desk duty.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase