Phila. woman shot dead in front of daughter and toddler, police say
(CBS) PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police believe a 27-year-old woman was shot multiple times execution-style by an ex-boyfriend Tuesday around 11:30p.m. The woman, whose identity has not been released, was killed in front of her daughter and a toddler she was babysitting, CBS Philly reports.
Police say the shooting appears domestic in nature. Investigators believe a former boyfriend entered her residence and shot the young mother numerous times at point-blank range. Her 6-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old boy she was babysitting were present but were unharmed, CBS Philly says.
Investigators say the suspect left his green Mercury outside the home and took off in another vehicle.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade