Phila. woman shot dead in front of daughter and toddler, police say
(CBS) PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police believe a 27-year-old woman was shot multiple times execution-style by an ex-boyfriend Tuesday around 11:30p.m. The woman, whose identity has not been released, was killed in front of her daughter and a toddler she was babysitting, CBS Philly reports.
Police say the shooting appears domestic in nature. Investigators believe a former boyfriend entered her residence and shot the young mother numerous times at point-blank range. Her 6-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old boy she was babysitting were present but were unharmed, CBS Philly says.
Investigators say the suspect left his green Mercury outside the home and took off in another vehicle.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence