Krim Murders: Yoselyn Ortega, NYC nanny accused of killing two children, to be arraigned today
(CBS) NEW YORK - Yoselyn Ortega, the New York nanny accused of killing two children before stabbing herself in a Manhattan apartment, is set to be arraigned today, CBS New York reports.
Ortega, 50, is expected to be arraigned via video from her hospital bed. She is charged in the Oct. 25 stabbing deaths of 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo.
The children were found in a bathtub by their mother Marina Krim when she returned home with their sister to the family's luxury Upper West Side apartment. Police said the children were stabbed multiple times with a kitchen knife.
Ortega has since been hospitalized and recovering from self-inflicted stab wounds. She reportedly told detectives that she resented the way the Krim family treated her, although she did not admit to the killings.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web