N.J. babysitter charged with shaking toddler to death
Bail was set Tuesday at $250,000 cash for 44-year-old Heale of Toms River.
Heale was watching the child in her home on Aug. 28 when he started having breathing problems. The toddler was flown that same day to a children's hospital in Philadelphia where he died three days later.
Doctors determined that the baby suffered severe brain, spine and retinal damage from a violent shaking.
The case will be heard in Monmouth County, because the infant's father and Heale's husband both work for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered