N.J. babysitter charged with shaking toddler to death
Bail was set Tuesday at $250,000 cash for 44-year-old Heale of Toms River.
Heale was watching the child in her home on Aug. 28 when he started having breathing problems. The toddler was flown that same day to a children's hospital in Philadelphia where he died three days later.
Doctors determined that the baby suffered severe brain, spine and retinal damage from a violent shaking.
The case will be heard in Monmouth County, because the infant's father and Heale's husband both work for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days