Camilia Terry, Ohio mother, arrested in disappearance of 3-year-old boy Emiliano Terry, police say
(CBS/AP) CLEVELAND - Police have arrested the mother of a missing 3-year-old boy after a body tentatively identified as his was found at a waste processing site.
Cleveland police said Monday they're holding 20-year-old Camilia Terry at Cuyahoga County Jail to await charges in the death of her son, Emilliano. An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday.
The Plain Dealer reports that Police Chief Michael McGrath says the case is being treated as a homicide.
Police say the mother told them the boy disappeared Sunday at Kasuth Park. She says she was tending to another child and when she looked up, Emilliano was gone.
FBI agents found the body Monday inside trash bags that had been picked up from a garbage bin near the family's apartment building.
It was not immediately known if Camilia Terry had a lawyer.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?