Kevin Clash, former Elmo puppeteer, faces third underage sex allegation
(CBS/AP) - Former longtime Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash is facing allegations of underage sex from a third accuser.
The 29-year-old Florida man filed a lawsuit against Clash in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday, accusing him of sexual activity in 2000 when the man was 16 years old.Jeff Herman, the accuser's lawyer, said his client started writing a book in 2009 about his relationship with Clash and the lawyer will be releasing excerpts of the memoir during a press conference on Tuesday, New York Daily News reports.
The lawyer said his client met Clash on a gay chat line when he was exploring modeling opportunities in New York. The accuser said during this time Clash went under the pseudonym "Craig" and claimed to be 30 years old, the Daily News reported.
Herman said his client met with Clash again in 2003 and 2004, and over time figured out Clash's identity through the numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex.
A spokeswoman said Clash "believes this lawsuit has no merit."
Herman also represents 24-year-old Cecil Singleton, who filed a $5 million lawsuit accusing Clash of sexual relations when he was 15, the Daily News reported. Clash also faces allegations from Sheldon Stephens, who said he had sexual relations with Clash when he was 16 years old.
Clash resigned amid the sex scandal.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad