Meat of the matter: Restaurant's "animal carcass" lawsuit settled by yellow pages publisher
The restaurant owner, Big Sky Beverage Inc., parent company of Bar 3 Bar-B-Q, said the listing cost him customers and made him the butt of a Jay Leno joke on the "Tonight Show."
Restaurant owner Hunter Lacey sued Dex after the listing appeared in the 2009 phone book and was reprinted in other print and online directories in 2010 and last year. Lacey's lawsuit claims a Dex salesman deliberately published the free listing under the "Animal Carcass Removal" section after he refused to buy an advertisement in the phone book.
The salesman no longer works for the company.
Lacey claimed the negative publicity caused business to drop off at his Bozeman and Belgrade restaurants and his brand's reputation to suffer. His lawsuit alleged negligence, defamation and slander, among other charges.
Dex has said it was an erroneous listing the company removed from its online directory when it was discovered.
The terms of the Nov. 16 deal between Dex and Big Sky Beverage were not disclosed. A tentative agreement proposed in September said a deal would include a payment to the restaurant owner.
More on Crimesider
Sept. 12, 2011 - Restaurant sues over 'Carcass Removal' phone listing
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial