Dallas weekend motel shootings probed by police
Dallas police say a fight over a woman led to a shooting Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn on Central Expressway and Midpark Road. One person, identified as 35-year-old Jeronimo Daza, was killed. A friend of Daza's was shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. The suspect fled the scene.
Another deadly incident occurred Saturday a block away at a Motel 6 where two men and a woman were found dead. The bodies were found in a motel room by a cleaning crew. The victims have since been identified as 27-year-old Marco Barajas, 26-year-old Manases Perez and 22-year-old Ingrid Ramirez. Police have not offered a released a motive for the shootings.
Fausto Ramierz, who owns a restaurant near the motels, tells CBS DFW the recent shootings are unsettling. He says the neighborhood is overrun by drug dealers and prostitutes.
"We need more protection, more police officers, that is all we need," Ramirez says.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead