Thanksgiving turkey taken without permission
The Ocala Star-Banner reports Joyce Romer called the Marion County Sheriff's Office Monday to report the theft of the 12.5-pound bird from a freezer in her garage.
Here's how the fowl deed went down, according to CBS Tampa Bay.
Romer says she asked her husband to get the turkey from the freezer so she could start defrosting it for their Thanksgiving Day meal. He came back in the house and asked, "where'd you put the thing?"
The couple checked the freezer again.
Romer says she guesses someone was hungry. But she's puzzled that the thief didn't take the beer she had stored in the garage.
Deputies noted that Romer didn't want an investigation, she simply wanted to document the theft.
Police probably thanked her for that.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case