Kara Nichols Missing: Police say Colo. teen's disappearance is suspicious
Kara Nichols was last seen in Colorado Springs on October 9.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office calls the disappearance suspicious and officials say she might be the victim of a subculture that exploits would-be models, KREX reports. They would not elaborate on what kind of exploitation she might have fallen victim to.
Investigators say before her disappearance she told her roommate she might go to Denver, but left behind her purse and money, KREX reports. Nichols spent most of Oct. 9 with an unknown woman, who police have not yet located.
Investigators reportedly say that although Nichols was active on social media and frequently used her cellphone, she has not been using either since she went missing.
Nichols is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, 120 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes. Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call sheriff's detectives at (719) 520-7227.
More on Crimesider
November 19, 2012 - Kara Nichols Missing: Police, family to hold press conference Tuesday as search for Colo. teen continues
Nov. 16, 2012: Kara Nichols Missing: Colo. teen model last seen in Colorado Springs area, police say
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles