Lisa Biron, N.H. lawyer with ties to conservative Christian group, arrested on child pornography charges
Biron, 43, was arrested by FBI agents on Nov. 16 and charged with seven counts of child exploitation, including transporting a child for illegal sexual conduct. She was also charged with manufacturing and possessing child pornography.
Biron will be held without bail until her trial, which is scheduled to begin Jan. 8.
Prosecutor Helen Fitzgibbon called for Biron to be held without bond, claiming other juveniles have been subjected to Biron's sexual activity and drug use. Witnesses have testified to seeing Biron in possession of ecstasy, marijuana and cocaine, according to the Monitor.
Police began investigating Biron on Sept. 29 after receiving a tip that she had child pornography on her computer, reports the Union Leader. Biron was first arrested by Manchester police last month on charges of possessing child pornography. When assessing the evidence, police reportedly determined the images were manufactured out of state and contacted federal authorities.
Manchester police say the videos and pictures found on Biron's computer are of a teenage girl Biron knows. The girl's name and age have not been released.
Biron has worked with the Alliance Defending Freedom, a group of attorneys known for their work against gay marriage and Planned Parenthood, but according to the ADF she was never an employee.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case