John McAfee update: Software company founder sought in Belize murder case blogs about disguise
(CBS/AP) SAN PEDRO, Belize - American software company founder John McAfee recently blogged that he's wearing a disguise and hiding from Belizean authorities who describe him as a "person of interest" in his neighbor's slaying.
Belizean police said another American, Gregory Faull, was fatally shot in early November on the Caribbean island where both men lived.
McAfee bragged this week on a blog created in response to the investigation that he is wearing a disguise and was hiding in plain sight as police searched his house and reporters gathered around. He said he blackened his face and teeth, wears a sarape and has posed as a vendor of wood carvings.
Chad Essley, an animator and graphic artist and director of the Portland, Ore.-based Cartoon Monkey, confirmed to CBS News that he set up and hosted the blog for MacAfee, whom he referred to as a friend, but said that McAfee is posting material himself.
Faull was found "lying face up in a pool of blood with an apparent gunshot wound on the upper rear part of his head" on the morning of November 11. An expended 9mm lugar brand shell was reportedly found at the scene.
McAfee has admitted he did not like Faull, but denied killing him.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"