John McAfee update: Software company founder sought in Belize murder case blogs about disguise
(CBS/AP) SAN PEDRO, Belize - American software company founder John McAfee recently blogged that he's wearing a disguise and hiding from Belizean authorities who describe him as a "person of interest" in his neighbor's slaying.
Belizean police said another American, Gregory Faull, was fatally shot in early November on the Caribbean island where both men lived.
McAfee bragged this week on a blog created in response to the investigation that he is wearing a disguise and was hiding in plain sight as police searched his house and reporters gathered around. He said he blackened his face and teeth, wears a sarape and has posed as a vendor of wood carvings.
Chad Essley, an animator and graphic artist and director of the Portland, Ore.-based Cartoon Monkey, confirmed to CBS News that he set up and hosted the blog for MacAfee, whom he referred to as a friend, but said that McAfee is posting material himself.
Faull was found "lying face up in a pool of blood with an apparent gunshot wound on the upper rear part of his head" on the morning of November 11. An expended 9mm lugar brand shell was reportedly found at the scene.
McAfee has admitted he did not like Faull, but denied killing him.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case