Samantha McNorton Murder: David Malone arrested in connection with death of missing Texas woman
According to a Wise County Sheriff's Office statement, David Malone, 29, "directed Investigators to a remote location off Greenwood Road where he had buried the body of Samantha McNorton," CBS DFW reports.
McNorton, who according to NBC affiliate WFAA is 28-years-old and the mother of three children, was first reported missing on Nov. 14 and according to the station police later determined that she was last seen in the Runaway Bay area with Malone.
CBS DFW reports that Malone was taken into custody Nov. 15 in Cooke County, and returned to Parker County, where he was wanted on outstanding felony warrants.
On the morning of Nov. 18, Malone revealed the location of McNorton's body to Wise County Investigators and Texas Rangers, reports the station.
The body was exhumed and sent to the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences for manner of death and positive identification.
The investigation is ongoing.
Malone was taken to Wise County Jail, where his bond is set at $2 million.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests