Samantha McNorton Murder: David Malone arrested in connection with death of missing Texas woman
According to a Wise County Sheriff's Office statement, David Malone, 29, "directed Investigators to a remote location off Greenwood Road where he had buried the body of Samantha McNorton," CBS DFW reports.
McNorton, who according to NBC affiliate WFAA is 28-years-old and the mother of three children, was first reported missing on Nov. 14 and according to the station police later determined that she was last seen in the Runaway Bay area with Malone.
CBS DFW reports that Malone was taken into custody Nov. 15 in Cooke County, and returned to Parker County, where he was wanted on outstanding felony warrants.
On the morning of Nov. 18, Malone revealed the location of McNorton's body to Wise County Investigators and Texas Rangers, reports the station.
The body was exhumed and sent to the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences for manner of death and positive identification.
The investigation is ongoing.
Malone was taken to Wise County Jail, where his bond is set at $2 million.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles