Indian Reservation Shooting: North Dakota woman, 3 grandchildren fatally shot, police say
Mountrail County Sheriff Ken Halvorson said Monday that the man who stabbed himself to death Sunday in Parshall is from nearby New Town and is a "person of interest" in the killings in New Town hours earlier of 64-year-old Martha Johnson and her grandchildren.
Both communities are on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, but Johnson and her grandchildren are not members of the Three Affiliated Tribes.
Halvorson says the children killed were 13-year-old Benjamin Schuster, 10-year-old Julia Schuster and 6-year-old Luke Schuster. He says the children's 12-year-old brother who also was in the home called 911.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.