Indian Reservation Shooting: North Dakota woman, 3 grandchildren fatally shot, police say
Mountrail County Sheriff Ken Halvorson said Monday that the man who stabbed himself to death Sunday in Parshall is from nearby New Town and is a "person of interest" in the killings in New Town hours earlier of 64-year-old Martha Johnson and her grandchildren.
Both communities are on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, but Johnson and her grandchildren are not members of the Three Affiliated Tribes.
Halvorson says the children killed were 13-year-old Benjamin Schuster, 10-year-old Julia Schuster and 6-year-old Luke Schuster. He says the children's 12-year-old brother who also was in the home called 911.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home