Bodies of man, woman found stuffed in barrels in South Carolina lake
The first plastic barrel was found on the shore of Lake Hartwell on Wednesday with a woman's body inside. CBS affiliate WSPA reports the coroner identified the remains as those of Andrea Kellie Mitchell, who hasn't been seen for more than 30 days.
Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said another metal barrel with a man's body inside was found nearby.
Investigators are not releasing his name until the family has been notified.
According to WSPA, the Anderson County Coroner's Office believes the bodies had been in the barrels for a month. An Anderson County sheriff's spokesman says the deaths are being investigated as a related pair of homicides.
No arrests have been made.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests