Bicyclists in New Orleans bumped by car, robbed at gunpoint, say cops
On Friday afternoon, Nov. 9, a man on a bicycle riding on an Uptown street was knocked to the ground by a car before the male driver and female passenger got out and robbed him at gunpoint, CBS affiliate WWL reported. Saturday night, bandits with a similar m.o. struck another victim on a bicycle in the Treme area, police said.
In that incident, a man was riding his bike when he was tapped from behind by a car, police reports show. A young woman got out of the car and put a gun to his head, while a second woman patted him down, taking his phone and wallet, the report states.
In addition to the similarity in the manner of attack, the woman with the gun is described the same way in both cases, said Sgt. Sabrina Richardson of the NOPD Sixth District property-crimes unit.
She is a small-framed black woman of about 20 years old with "masculine" features, wearing a red-and-white ski cap, Richardson said. Her male accomplice in the Uptown case is described only as having a dark complexion and braided hair, and the vehicle is described as an older-model compact car.
There is nothing to indicate that either victim was targeted based on any sort of prior relationship or that the robbers knew the victims in any way, Richardson noted.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn