Gladys Machado Update: Estranged husband of Fla. mom found dead with her two daughters is questioned, released
Miami-Dade police say they have not charged Machado's husband, 28-year-old Alberto Sierra, and he is not being named a person of interest.
On Tuesday a neighbor found the bodies of Machado, 4-year-old Daniela Padrino and 8-year-old Julia Padrino. Police have not released the manner of death.
According to the Maimi Herald, arrest records show Sierra was accused of domestic battery against Machado in 2010, when he allegedly bit her during an argument and stole her gun. She later claimed she found the gun, and that it had not been stolen.
When officers found Sierra two months later, the Herald reports he was arrested for having 79 grams of ecstasy and a gun police say he admitted stealing during a burglary. He was sentenced to a year of probation, which was revoked in November 2011 when police investigating another burglary found weapons in the home where he lived with Machado.
He served 364 days and was released on June 22 this year, CBS Miami reports.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls