World Cup fever no excuse for outdoor sex, Italian court rules
An appeals court upheld the couple's previous guilty verdict, even though the pair argued they should not have been convicted because they scheduled their outdoor tryst for when the rest of their town was watching a World Cup soccer match on television.
The couple - then a 60-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman - was caught having sex outdoors in southern Italy in 2006 while the national team was playing a World Cup quarterfinal in Germany.
So, despite claiming they arranged their intimate encounter so as not to offend anyone, they lost again - this time before Rome's Court of Cassation, Italy's highest appeals court.
However, not all was lost.
For the record, Reuters reports that Italy's national team beat Ukraine that night, 3-0, and went on to win the World Cup.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student