Holly Solomon Update: Ariz. woman who allegedly ran over husband reportedly held on $50,000 bond
(CBS/AP) GILBERT, Ariz. - Holly Solomon, the pregnant woman accused of running over her husband because he didn't vote in the presidential election, is being held on a $50,000 bond, reports ArizonaFamily.com.
Solomon, 26, appeared before a judge Tuesday and was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and reckless driving.
Authorities say Solomon opposed President Barack Obama and was upset her husband didn't go to the polls. Police say Solomon chased her husband through a parking lot, circled him as hid behind a light pole, struck him and pinned him under the vehicle as he tried to flee.
Solomon told police she was just trying to scare him but accidentally stepped on the accelerator.
According to Arizona Family, Solomon's husband, Daniel, was reportedly taken to the hospital with "a broken pelvis, torn arteries to his bowels and the possibility of 'permanent disfigurement.'"
Daniel Solomon, who the website reports is still in the hospital, told investigators his wife believed her family was going to face hardship if Obama were re-elected.
More on Crimesider
Nov. 13, 2012: Holly Solomon Update: Witnesses called 911 as pregnant Ariz. woman ran over husband, police say
Nov. 13, 2012 - Holly Solomon, pregnant Arizona wife, runs over husband for not voting in presidential election, police say
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles