Shena Hardin Update: Ohio woman who drove on sidewalk around school bus completes her punishment of holding "idiot" sign
(CBS/AP) CLEVELAND - Shena Hardin, the woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to pass a stopped school bus, completed the second half of her sentence Wednesday of having to stand at a curb holding a sign warning people about idiots.
Judge Pinkey Carr was unhappy that Hardin, 32, was smoking and texting during Tuesday's punishment and planned to personally supervise the defendant on Wednesday. But Carr later said sent word that she changed her mind. She gave no reason why.
Carr ordered Hardin to stand with a sign reading, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."
Hardin wore headphones and ignored passers-by Tuesday. The judge told WKYC-TV she felt Hardin wasn't sufficiently holding up the sign and was "missing the point."
More on Crimesider
Nov. 13, 2012 - Shena Hardin, Ohio woman who drove car on sidewalk around bus, holds "idiot" sign as part of sentence
Nov. 7, 2012 - Shena Hardin, Cleveland woman caught on tape driving on sidewalk, must wear "idiot" sign
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin