Holly Solomon Update: Witnesses called 911 as pregnant Ariz. woman ran over husband, police say
(CBS) Police have released 911 calls of people who witnessed a pregnant Arizona woman allegedly running over her husband Saturday during an argument over the presidential election, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.
Police said Holly Solomon, 28, was upset that President Barack Obama won re-election and that her 36-year-old husband, Daniel Solomon, didn't vote. He got out of their Jeep during the argument, and she started chasing him in the vehicle, according to a police report.
Police say Holly Solomon ran over her husband and pinned him underneath the vehicle. Several people called 911 to report what they saw, as in this exchange:
Operator: "911, where's your emergency?"
Caller: "Um yes, this woman just ran down her boyfriend or husband in the parking lot here in Gilbert"..."We saw it. Yeah, she ran him down."
Operator: "OK. Hold on just a sec."
Caller: "He needs help."
Daniel Solomon remains in the hospital in critical condition. His wife faces aggravated assault and reckless driving charges.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase