Holly Solomon, pregnant Arizona wife, runs over husband for not voting in presidential election, police say
(CBS) - Holly Solomon, a pregnant Arizona woman, was arrested Saturday after she allegedly ran over her husband with the family SUV when she learned that he did not vote in the presidential election, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.
Solomon, 28, faces charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault after she pinned her 36-year-old husband between their Jeep SUV and a curb on a parking lot, said Jesse Sanger of the Gilbert Police Department.
Sanger said Solomon argued with her husband over his lack of political involvement and that she believed her family would suffer under a second term of President Barack Obama, KPHO reported.
Police said witnesses heard yelling and saw Solomon get behind the wheel and chase her husband through the parking lot.
"At one point he went behind a light pole so the vehicle wouldn't strike him. He ended up leaving the light pole trying to run away to a different area," Sanger said.
Medics said Solomon's husband was pinned underneath the vehicle. When officers asked her why she did it, she said she only wanted to scare him. Officers said they didn't believe Solomon was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time.
Her husband remains in the hospital in critical condition.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family