Alicia Moore Case: $15,000 reward offered for information in Texas teen's slaying
(CBS/CBSDFW) GREENVILLE, Texas - A $15,000 reward is being offered for information in the slaying of Texas teen Alicia Moore whose body was found stuffed in a trunk along a highway, CBS DFW reports.
Moore, 16, disappeared Friday afternoon stepping off the school bus a block away from her home in Greenville. Her body was discovered Tuesday along the side of Farm-to-Market Road 47, in Van Zandt County, about four miles north of Wills Point and 40 miles from where she was last seen.
According to CBS DFW, police have not made any arrests in the murder, but released a statement saying, "Our first priority is finding Alicia's killer. We are using all of our resources to investigate this tragedy and to find the person or persons responsible."
The official cause of death is still pending, but Greenville Police Chief Dan Busken said at a Wednesday press conference that there were indications of trauma present on Moore's body.
Terry Dwayne Ramsire, 49, was arrested in late August for allegedly sexually assaulting Alicia, CBS DFW confirms. According to a city spokesperson, he was still in jail at the time of her murder.
NBC DFW reports police are investigating whether Ramsire could be connected to the slaying.
Moore's aunt, Jessica Byrd, on Thursday spoke with the Huffington Post and asked the killer to step forward, saying, "Do the right thing and turn yourself in. That's all we ask you to do so we can get some sort of peace from this situation."
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial