Alicia Moore Update: Man accused of sexually assaulting Texas teen months before her slaying
(CBS) -- Police say a man was accused of sexually assaulting slain Texas teen Alicia Moore months before she disappeared and her body was found stuffed in a trunk along a highway, The Dallas Morning News reports.
The Morning News identifies the man as 49-year-old Terry Dwayne Ramsire, who police say has been in Hunt County Jail since late August when he was arrested for the alleged assault.
Moore, 16, disappeared Friday afternoon stepping off the school bus a block away from her home. Her body was discovered Tuesday along the side of Farm-to-Market Road 47, in Van Zandt County, about four miles north of Wills Point and 40 miles from where she was last seen.
Although authorities have not said if there's a connection between the alleged assault and Moore's death, NBCDFW reports police appear to be investigating Ramsire along with another man in the slaying.
NBCDFW says the other man, Tobias Whetstone, had been questioned in the 16-year-old's death previous to his arrest Thursday on family violence warrants. Whetstone's mother, Tracy, told the station that police searched their home on Monday in connection to the case, but did not find anything.
The official cause of death is still pending, but Greenville Police Chief Dan Busken said at a Wednesday press conference that there were indications of trauma present on Moore's body.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case