Two shot, wounded near Florida hospital, police say
David Goldstein, a dispatcher with the Delray Beach police department, told The Associated Press that Delray Beach authorities got initial calls of a shooting at 8:41 p.m. and police immediately locked down the hospital but found no suspect in a full sweep of the building.
He says police continued a search for a suspect late Thursday night, aided by a helicopter and agents from other law enforcement agencies in the region.
Police did not immediately identify the two who were shot, but said preliminary information indicates their injuries did not appear critical.
A medical center operator told AP the hospital had no immediate statement.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case