Biker gang member denied bond in Fla. triple murder
Three members of a rival biker gang to which Maloney once belonged, the Orlando Warlocks, were killed on Sept. 30, 2012. Maloney and three other Philly Warlocks are charged with three counts of second-degree murder and two counts of attempted first degree murder.
In a hearing on Wednesday, the details of a 16-page police report were released. Prosecutor Stewart Stone said that the incident began when the Orlando Warlocks arrived in the parking lot of a charity event that Maloney's gang was hosting, the Sentinel reported.
"These five men were ambushed. They didn't have a chance," Stone said. "They were there for a charity event...Two were shot before they were able to get off their motorcycles."
Maloney's attorney claims though, that Maloney was outside of the Winter Springs VFW post when the shooting began and that he was already the target of gunfire from the rival group.
One of the Orlando Warlocks who survived the shooting told police that his group arrived at the charity fundraising event to donate money to support wounded veterans and did not know it was going to be hosted by the rival Philly Warlocks.
"If I was coming here to do something that would not be the crew I would bring," the report quoted him as saying. "And I would not bring 5 people, man."
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship