Police search for Denver puppy thief
(CBS) ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Co.- Police are on the hunt for a puppy thief. On Monday, a man broke into the Aquatic Dog pet store and stole three puppies, CBS Denver reports.
The animals are valued at nearly $3,000 but pet shop owner Sheila Vanderveer says that they are worth much more than that.
"You have to love them a lot," said Vanderveer. "They stole two little sister bugs, Boston Terrier - Pug cross, and a little Yorkie."
Vanderveer is also worried that the puppies will go into hypoglycemic shock if they are not fed properly and given extra care.
"Low blood sugar," Vanderveer said.
The puppy-napping, which was all caught on surveillance tape, shows the thief breaking into the pet shop through a window Monday night before stuffing the dogs into his knapsack.
One puppy who was cowering in the corner out of reach from the thief was saved from the theft, CBS Denver reported.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Ohio day care worker charged with drugging kids' snacks