Alicia Moore Update: Body found in trunk is missing teen, police say
(CBS/CBSDFW) GREENVILLE, Texas - A body found in a storage trunk on the side of a Texas highway is missing Greenville teen Alicia Moore, police confirmed Wednesday.
According to CBS DFW, a road construction worker found the remains Tuesday alongside along the side of Farm-to-Market Road 47, in Van Zandt County, about four miles north of Wills Point and 40 miles from where Moore was last seen.
After the discovery, investigators notified Moore's family of the unidentified body in person.
"That made my sister break down a little bit. And then he was asking about her braces," Moore's aunt Jessica Byrd said.
According to police, Moore was last seen getting off a school bus in Greenville on Nov. 2. No suspect has been named in her death.
The official cause of death is still pending, but Greenville Police Chief Dan Busken said at a Wednesday press conference that there were indications of trauma present on Moore's body.
More on Crimesider
November 7, 2012 - Alicia Moore Update: Family fears body found in trunk may be missing teen
November 6, 2012 - Alicia Moore Missing: Texas teen last seen getting off school bus on Friday, police say
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case