Rebekah Gay Update: 200 people gather in honor of Mich. mother allegedly slain by ex-convict
MLive.com reports that friends and family met outside Bullock Creek High School in Midland, where Gay graduated in 2007, lighting candles in the slain woman's honor. Police say ex-convict John D. White, who became a pastor, confessed to killing her Wednesday and dumping her body in a rural area as part of a sexual fantasy.
White has been charged with first-degree murder in Isabella County. He and Gay lived in separate homes in the same trailer park. White was engaged to Gay's mother and often watched her 3-year-old son while Gay worked.
He was pastor of a tiny congregation at Christ Community Fellowship, west of Mount Pleasant. The church held its first Sabbath worship service Sunday since its then-pastor was arrested. The Morning Sun of Mount Pleasant says about 20 members attended.
Service leader Donna Houghton says there were some blessings in the midst of "a horrendous week" and says there will come a time of forgiveness.
More on Crimesider
November 2, 2012 - Rebekah Gay Update: Pastor who police say confessed to killing Mich. mom was engaged to victim's mother, report says
Nov. 2, 2012: Rebekah Gay Murder: Pastor, who is an ex-con, admits to killing Mich. mom as part of sex fantasy, reports say
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn