Kansas college student Emilee Irsik missing after fall break trip to Europe
According to CBS affiliate WIBW, Emilee Irsik, 20, left from Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport, and stopped at Heathrow in London, before flying to Hamburg, Germany on Oct. 20.
The Emporia State University student was expected to return to the United States on Oct. 26, but did not board or rebook her return flight.
Irsik's family says her phone has been off since she departed the U.S. and that they have not been able to contact her, The Emporia Gazette reports. When Irsik failed to return from fall break, her roommate reportedly notified the staff at Emporia State University, who then notified police
Friends say Irski may have visited Trier, Hanover, or Bielefeld Universities in Germany, according to WIBW. She is studying for her bachelors of education in German.
German authorities and the U.S. State Department have reportedly been notified about Irsik's disappearance.
Anyone with information is asked to call ESU Police and Safety at 785-341-5337. You can also contact the State Department at 202-647-4000 and ask to be transferred to the duty officer in Berlin.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts